To create my model of a 6 sided die I started with a basic cube. I then enlarged the cube so that it would be a little easier to work on and align all of the dimples in the die.
The next step was to subdevide the cube a few times so that I coud remove the center of each face while still leaving edges, this way I can recreate the faces after adding the dimples.
The next step was to create a sphere, and remove one half of it to create what will become the dimples on the die. I then scaled the half sphere down until i could fit 6 of them comfortably on one face of the die. I then duplicated the sphere 20 times to create all of the dimples. The next step was rotating and positioning the half spheres to make up the proper pattern on the face of the die.
Once I had the partial spheres in place I had to fill the rest of the die face in, this was done by first joining the spheres and the cube. By selecting all of the verticies along the outer edge of each sphere as well as the verticies along the inner edge of the cube edge. I was then able to fill in the face using one of blender's built in functions. This step was then repeated for each of the remaining 5 faces.
To give my die some color I added 2 materials and picked a color for each. After selecting all of the vertices in each dimple I applies one of the materials to them. I then repeated this on the faces of the die.
The last step was to add lighting and the camera to create the final render. The most dificult part of creating the model was positioning the spheres for the dimples and properly aligning everything to create the faces of the die. Selecting the vertices on each face became more difficult as more faces were completed because I had to be careful not to accidentally select a vertex on a different face.