Due to an emergency, the following talk has been cancelled.
Title: Multi-Hop Wireless Networking: Issues and Opportunities
Speaker: Dr. Yuanzhu Chen, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Memorial University.
A multi-hop wireless network is a wireless communication network, where nodes that are not within direct transmission range of each other will require other nodes to forward data. It can operate without existing infrastructure, supports mobile users, and sometimes take the form of mobile ad hoc networks, wireless sensor networks, delay-tolerant networks, and so forth. Such a networking paradigm originated from the needs in battlefield communications, emergence operations, search and rescue, and disaster relief operations. Later, it found civilian applications such as community networks. Compared to the TCP/IP based Internet, such a networking paradigm has a number of salient features, such as broadcast medium, fast network topology change, and frequent and extended disruption. In this talk, I will present some of our research projects to address the issues inherent to this networking technology in an effort to advance the state of the art of the area.
Yuanzhu Chen is an Associate Professor and Deputy Head of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Computer Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Newfoundland. He received his Ph.D. from Simon Fraser University in 2004 and B.Sc. from Peking University in 1999, both in Computer Science. He was a Visiting Professor to Dartmouth College in 2011-2012. Between 2004 and 2005, he was a post-doctoral researcher at Simon Fraser University. His research interests include wireless networking, mobile computing, optimization of graph problems, and information retrieval.
- Optimization Seminar Series – Wed Oct 17, 2018 @ noon in C630
- CPSC 4110/5110/7110 – Introduction to Algorithms in Facility Location
- CPSC 4210/5210: Wireless Networks
- Optimization Seminar Series – Fri Dec 16, 2016, noon, in B543
- Optimization Seminar Series – Wed. Oct 19, 2016, noon, in C620
- CPSC 3780 for Dr. Gaur (Sept 20-22, 2016)
- CPSC 2620 for Dr. Hossain (Sept 13-15, 2016)
- Optimization Seminar Series – Wed. Jul 13, 2016, noon, in B543
- Optimization Seminar Series – Wed Mar 23, 1Pm in D633
- Optimization Seminar Series – Mon Mar 7 at 1 pm – B756